Following on from a recent survey of Virgin Atlantic check in staff at our airports worldwide, Virgin Atlantic have discovered the strangest items passengers have attempted to check in when flying to one of our 32 destinations.
The survey revealed items such as the lady who had her family carry her bath tub through the airport at JFK expecting the item to be checked in – it wasn’t even wrapped or packaged – she just turned up with it at the check in desk!
From a giant wheel of cheese to a car engine, the survey revealed the strangest items that turn up at Virgin Atlantic check in desks around the world.
1) A pet tarantula hidden in a lady’s coat at JFK airport.
2) A dead cow wrapped in plastic at JFK airport.
3) A bag of cutlery previously stolen from a Virgin Atlantic flight at Delhi airport.
4) A couple who fell in love on the island of Grenada decided to try and check in a bag full of sand, sea and water as a memory from the island they met and fell in love on.
5) A bag of soil and coconut trees at Grenada airport.
Greg Dawson, Director of Corporate Communications commented: “Virgin Atlantic check in staff see thousands of passengers on a daily basis but every now and then, a passenger will arrive at check in with something you would never expect – it certainly brightens up their day.