With the global airline industry reaching the end of another successful year in the world of the cherished amenity kits, ensuring guests travel in absolute luxury, comfort and more importantly style, we have compiled the Top 20 most collectable of 2015 listed on Ebay.
It may come as some what of a surprise that the collectable market for amenity kits is flourishing with many willing to pay a pretty little price to own the latest chic cases.
The 2015 Top 20 as complied by TravelPlus
- Thai Airways – First Class Rimowa Kit in Metallic Brown – $220
- Air France – First Class Givenchy Kit – $204
- All Nippon Airways – First Class Rimowa Kit Metallic Deep Blue – $182
- Etihad Airways – First Class Male Amenity Kit – $164
- Lufthansa A380 – First Class Rimowa Kit – $155
- EVA Air – Rimowa Kit in Green – $149
- Qantas Airways – Marc Newson designed kit – $99
- All Nippon Airways – Samsonite Kit – $89
- Etihad Airways – First Class Sougha designed Kit – $76
- Emirates – First Class Bvulgari Ladies Kit – $74
- Emirates – First Class Bvulgari Mens Kit – $74
- Qatar Airways – First Class Armani Ladies Kit – $73
- Singapore Airlines – First Class Ferragamo Kit – $70
- Japan Airlines – First Class LOEWE Kit – $69
- Cathy Pacific – First Class Male AESOP Kit – $68
- Oman Air – Business Class Amouage Kit – $65
- Turkish Airlines – Business Class iPad case – $62
- Air France – 80 Years Anniversary Business Class – $60
- Lufthansa – First Class Braun Buffel designed Kit – $55
- Turkish Airlines – Porsche Design Kit – $50
It is clear that during 2015 collectors have been willing to pay top dollar to own their favourite kits. The Amenity Kit that epitomises the collectible amenities the most and making up a large proportion of the top 10 is the hard case RIMOWA kit originally introduced by Lufthansa and more recently by Thai, ANA and EVA Air.
Topping the chart at $220 was a Thai Airways RIMOWA kit in metallic brown which is part of a new range of nine colours recently introduced to First Class passengers.
The Air France Givenchy La Premiere kit took second place at $204 and taking fourth place was the Etihad First Class black leather cufflink inspired box designed by Harley Smith at $164.
The one to watch in 2016, in our view, is the new All Nippon Airways Samsonite hard case kit’s recently introduced in an exciting range of 5 collectable color’s and lists at number 8 at $89.
Source: This Top 20 was complied using data taken from ebay.com listing as at the 31/12/2015. Taking listing for the “buy it now” section and excluding a shipping cost listed. Combined listing or listing including other items such as sleeper suits were excluded. The buy now price was rounded down to the