American Airlines has expanded its popular Five Star Service internationally, making it now available at the world’s fourth busiest airport – London Heathrow. Allowing anyone to “travel like a star”, the service provides personal one-on-one airport assistance designed to make travelling hassle-free.
Five Star Service offers a choice of one-on-one arrival, departure or connection assistance and also includes Admirals Club Lounge access; perfect for transiting even the busiest of airports. From kerbside to boarding and everywhere in between, American’s Five Star representatives work at your request to take care of the details and make your travel more enjoyable.
Once reserved for celebrities and VIPs travelling between New York, Los Angeles and Miami, the service is now available at nine US domestic airports and five airports across American’s global network.
Brenda Goodland, Regional Manager, Premium Services, American Airlines, told TravelPlus “Five Star has been hugely popular in the U.S. since it was introduced, so we are delighted to now be able to offer the same VIP experience to customers travelling through London Heathrow. As a very important hub airport where many of our customers are connecting between terminals in between flights, that seamless travel experience is hugely valuable to our customers; as demonstrated by the number of bookings we are already seeing”.
As part of the Five Star service, personal representatives will:
- Coordinate with a customer’s car service
- Meet customers at kerbside or arrival gate
- Assist at check-in and with baggage
- Expedite customers through security
- Provide access to the Admirals Club lounge
- Escort customers to the gate and assist with pre-boarding
- Proactively monitor flights and, in case of delays, coordinate re-accommodation
- Escort through Customs and Immigration for international flights
- Escort to baggage claim and assist with baggage
The Service, which includes the access to the Admirals Club lounge, costs around £125 for up to two people aged 18 or over at international locations