On behalf of Felipe Guardiola-Medina, we are delighted to announce that Casa de Carmona – with its elegance, architecture and 16th century Moorish charm – will be re-launching as Casa Palacio de Carmona on 1st September 2014.
To mark the re-launch, the new look boutique hotel will be unveiling 15 upgraded and refurbished rooms, a new tapas bar and a collection of new excursions, including thoroughbred horseback riding.
Located only fifteen minutes from Seville airport, Casa Palacio de Carmona is the perfect weekend bolthole. This private home, boutique hotel offers guests the opportunity to explore Carmona and Seville, guided by owner-in-residence and local expert, Felipe Guardiola-Medina and his wife, Reyes. The added luxury of the ‘Palacio’ experience – without the usual hefty price tag – is the insider- access the host shares with all guests. An artist and well-established member of the community, Felipe has a wealth of knowledge about the local area, history and culture and is passionate about sharing his experience, and his home, with visitors.
- 15 New Rooms: fully refurbished.
- The New Tapas Bar: an informal dining experience within the house that will also offer tapas making classes. Hop from one deli to the next with the chef, who will guide guests through buying and preparing the perfect ingredients. Choose from chorizo to perfect prawns, taking the local ingredients back to Casa to create tantalising tapas. (50 Euros per person, for 6 people or more).
- Thoroughbred Riding Excursion: explore on horseback from the local family farm, only ten minutes away from the Palacio. Not only does Andalucía have an illustrious tradition of horsemanship, but the region also boasts stunning riding country. The hotel is linked with a prestigious equestrian centre and finca (estate) nearby, and can arrange rides on Andalusian horses. Barbeques can also be arranged at the finca.
- Olive Oil Farm Visit: nothing is more evocative of southern Spanish cuisine than olive oil. Guests can see this ancient process first hand on the estate of Hacienda Merrha at Los Alcores, Carmona. The arbequina olive is grown in Los Alcores to produce extra virgin Basilippo oil. The estate offers guided visits and tastings including a mini olive oil museum, explaining the history and process.
- Personal Shopping: explore fashionable Seville with a personal shopper. They will navigate you through the city’s cobbled streets, revealing the best places to shop, showcasing talented Spanish designer boutiques. A shopping guide can be arranged for you and your friends upon request.
Palatial yet relaxed surroundings create an intimate setting for private parties: a celebration, special birthday party or New Year’s banquet. Casa Palacio de Carmona is available for exclusive hire and Felipe – who also runs one of the top catering companies in the area – has played host to Mario Testino, George Lucas and Bruce Webber.
Rich in history and ambience, the traditional Moorish grandeur of the building is an unforgettable experience in itself, but add twinkling tea lights set around the enclosed courtyard, whispering ferns, pool and canopy for dancing under the stars, and you have all the ingredients for an Arabian Nights inspired fairytale.
Double room start from £110 per night. www.casadecarmona.com